Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Monday, October 14, 2013

First Full Day in Arizona

This was the first full day that I had in Arizona! I forgot to tell you that last night before we went to bed, there was a scorpion on the floor in the kitchen. Not the welcome I was hoping for....but Diana took care of it for me! We got up not too late - I thought we might sleep in really late cause of how late we went to bed, but we were up at a half decent hour. So I went out with Diana to do her chicken chores! And guess what a couple of the chicken's laid an egg while we were out there! Diana let me gather it. It was still warm when I picked it up! We took it in the house and then a little while later, Jeff cooked it up for me!!!!! It was delicious! As we were sitting at the table eating breakfast, I noticed this cactus out the kitchen window. Jeff told me it was a barrel cactus and it had just bloomed. Those yellow things are what is left over after the flowers fall off. If you pluck them off there are lots of seeds inside. When I went out to take the picture, I noticed Jeff's birdhouse he made a few years ago. I like it - if I were a bird I would like to live in there!
Here is a picture of Diana at her desk out in her stamping studio. It's great out here. Lots of room for being creative and there are so many little projects here and there the inspiration is all around you! 
We went out to check out Jeff's shop! He was doing some wood working. He is going to make a little house for Diana's chickens and he was fixing the water holder for the chicken pen as well. After breakfast we went to town to watch a movie. We went to see Gravity with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. It was pretty good I guess. Makes me not want to go to space - not that I had any plans of doing that anyway. Then we went to Cantina Laredo for lunch. It is a Mexican restaurant where they make fresh guacamole right at the table for you. I have never had guacamole before, but it was okay. I think I have always been turned off by the "green" look of it when it is all whipped up. But it was a tasty little treat on those yummy tortilla chips they had. I ate a bunch of them - mostly without guacamole!!! I had a chicken enchilada for lunch. It was quite tasty. I was worried about not being able to make a non-spicy choice, but it was not spicy at all. Then we walked down to Frost and got a gelato. Another thing I had not had before, so I opted for the good old stand by of chocolate.....not sure why they call it gelato.......it's ice cream!!! It was very good though!
Then Jeff dropped us off at the plaza and we did a little bit of shopping and he went home to get the truck so he could go to Home Depot to get some wood for the chicken house. Later Jeff and I watched a Star Trek movie. It was pretty good actually. I remember watching a few on tv over the years but am certainly NOT a trekkie......and now I cannot stand William Shatner, so it was nice that he was not in this movie. Chris Pine is a cutie so it certainly wasn't hard to watch him! Then Diana and I came out into her studio. I noticed that she had hung the sign I brought for her. This was a saying my Granny said all the time, so I had my cousin Lori make me up a sign. I'm sure it will be a great conversation piece in Diana's studio! Then I blogged a bit and then headed to bed. Had to get to bed for another fun filled day tomorrow!
Chow for now,
Jacqui

































1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

Sounds like you are having a ball!!! Enjoy your time with Diana, you DESERVE the break AND the fun!

Love to you both

October 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home