Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cleaning the chickens and cutting paper!!

So today we had to do some work. We can't just go shopping every day!!! Diana has a class this weekend so we had to get all the paper cut for that. We didn't get it completely done, so will be working on it tomorrow as well. 
First off Diana had to clean out the little brooder for the babies - they are growing so fast. She took them out and put them in a box and then I was in charge of making sure they didn't get out of the box while she cleaned the brooder. I had them in the house so they would be warm and eventually they all kind of settled down and sat in the box. At first I think it was Aunt Bea flew up to the top of the box and almost got out. I guess she is showing me that just because she has the name Aunt Bea, does not mean she is a geriatric chicken!!!!! 
I wanted to get a couple of pictures of us in the nice chairs that Jeff made, so while Diana was doing some work, I went out and got the chairs all situated and then came back in to see what I could set up outside to set the camera on so we could use the timer on the camera. I carried out her little stool and then I had an empty Stampin' Up! box on it's side to give it some more height. I still needed a little something to get the right angle so I grabbed a tiny piece of wood out of the planter and got it all set up. I came back in the house to let Diana know I was ready for her....and as I walked into her studio...what did I see tucked under her cutting table????? A TRIPOD!!!!!! So...in came the stool and the box and the tiny piece of wood went back into the planter and we used the tripod instead!!!!! We wanted a picture with Toby and Fiji too! 
Later we had to zip out to the post office which was crazy busy and then we zipped into Smashburger for lunch. YUMMY!!!!! Their fries are quite tasty with olive oil and rosemary on them - interesting - but yummy. Then we stopped at the grocery store so I could grab the ingredients to make baked spaghetti. I figured I should make a meal or two while I was here. So when we got home, Diana headed out to her studio to work and I headed into the kitchen to make supper. I figured I'd make it and then whenever Jeff got home from work and he and Eric were hungry we could throw it in the oven and we'd be good to go. 
Terry and Lee came over to get some help with some things in Jeff's shop so it was nice to meet them! They seem very nice. I got a big hug from Lee - he seemed to be excited to be in the company of another Canadian girl - and then they were laughing and saying how much Diana and I are alike - I don't see it - but I guess when we talk we are alike in many ways. Jeff showed me some of his Indian pottery shards he has found over the years. He is quite knowledgeable about the history of Arizona. He always has a good story to tell - and I like his accent so I could listen to him for hours! 
After supper we watched the movie The Heat! It was just as funny the second time I saw it!!!!
Then Diana and I came out to cut more paper! 
Then off to bed!! Stupid me...I decided I would watch a couple of shows on my laptop before going to sleep so I chose to watch the tribute episode of Glee - good Lord - my eyes are like two pee holes in the snow this morning....puffy and sore.....but Ryan Murphy and the crew did a great job on the show. It was so very sad and it made it even sadder knowing that the tears were genuine. RIP Cory. 
So it's a cutting paper day again so I best be getting off of here and get to work.
Chow for now
Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna S said...

Keep us posted Jacqui! I'm loving the little chickies, so cute! Sounds like you are having a blast - enjoy the rest of your trip and try to talk your sister into coming back up to Ontario!

October 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home